PHP is a server side language that has gained ground in the recent years. It gives your several advantages such as:
- It is a very easy to learn.
- It is part of the free LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) and thus available on almost any server you can rent on the Web.
- It does not need a special editor, environment or build process. All you do is create a file of the .php file type, mix PHP and HTML and then put it on your server for rendering.
- If you already have a website and have some knowledge of HTML, making the change to PHP is easy. If fact, PHP and HTML are interchangeable within a page. While PHP might add some new features to your site, its basic appearance is still given with HTML.
- PHP permits you to interact with your visitors in an extensive way unlike HTML. It can create simple things like e-mail forms or more elaborate things like shopping carts that save your past orders and recommend similar products.
- PHP is a very simple to get started with than you can imagine. By learning just a few simple functions, you can do a lot of things with your website.
Click here for more details.