- Enterprise App Store
- Mobile Device Management
- Enterprise Mobile Website
- Enterprise Mobile Apps
- Enterprise Tablet Solutions
- Large Scale Web Content Mgmt
- Web Development (HTML5, Flex)
- Cart2Mobile: Mobilizing Deals
- Event2Mobile: Mobilizing Events
Singapore Tourism - SMM Project
Project: Social Media Marketing Project for Singapore's Tourism Board
The Great Singapore Sale (GSS – organized by The Association of Shopping Centres) is Singapore's most anticipated shopping extravaganza. From May to July '09, it was an 8-week "shopathon" where shoppers enjoyed discounts of up to 70% on just about anything, anywhere. From the central shopping belt of Orchard Road and Marina Bay to the shopping precincts in the heartlands, buyers could find fantastic value on jewelry, watches, fashion, electronics and more during the GSS.
The client asked Pi Social Media (division of Web Spiders) to run a Social Media Marketing campaign to:
- Generate excitement for The Great Singapore Sale through blogs prior to the start of the sale, creating pre-event awareness.
- Create buzz during the sale using blogs posts and video podcasts, teasing the audience, making it different and cheeky, elevating the unique personal experience whilst engaging in GSS.
- Create not just awareness, but also generate buzz/ WOM for the Great Singapore Sale
- Position GSS as a quality sale event, complete with a unique lifestyle experience in order to brand Singapore as the most compelling shopping lifestyle destination in the region.
- Convey strong value-for-money and quality shopping value proposition, which is enhanced during the sale period.
- Increase position perceptions of Singapore as a top shopping destination
- Communicate the variety of shopping and lifestyle experiences
- Inform about ease and convenience of shopping – hassle- and fuss-free
The Pi Social Media team ran the campaign primarily through the social media platforms Facebook and Twitter, and on Singapore blogs. In addition, other tools and methods used included Press Releases, Blog Marketing, Social Bookmarking and email Campaigns. The Wikipedia entry for GSS was also updated regularly with fresh information.
A number of sophisticated Social Media Monitoring and Analysis tools were used to measure metrics like individual link click-throughs, daily traffic, conversations tracking, positive/negative sentiment analysis, etc.
Singapore visitor arrivals reached 881,000 in July 2009, a strong note despite the economic downturn affecting the global tourism industry. Visitor days were estimated at 4.6 million days. Arrivals from key markets — Hong Kong, Malaysia and Vietnam — registered double-digit growth compared to July 2008, mainly due to promotions accompanying the Great Singapore Sale.