- Rich Mobile Solutions
- Enterprise Tablet Solutions
- Large Scale Web Content Mgmt
- Web Development (HTML5, Flex)
- Cart2Mobile: Mobilizing Deals
- Event2Mobile: Mobilizing Events
- Show2Mobile: Mobilizing Catalogs
- Funds2Mobile: for Asset Managers
Mobile Site for Marina Bay Sands, Singapore (Las Vegas Sands Corp.)
To develop a mobile website for the iconic Marina Bay Sands – Las Vegas Sand Corp.'s premier entertainment destination in Singapore – which is an integrated resort along the Marina Bay waterfront, and is widely held as the one of the best entertainment, business and leisure destinations in the world.
About the Client:
Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LSVC) is the leading global developer of destination properties (integrated resorts) that feature premium accommodations, world-class gaming and entertainment, convention and exhibition facilities, celebrity chef restaurants, and many other amenities. One of LSVC's most premier projects, the iconic Marina Bay Sands is Singapore's latest and undoubtedly the best attraction till date. The three 55-storey, 2561 room hotel tower connected by 1 hectare sky terrace is billed as the world's most expensive standalone casino property worth $8 Billion. Marina Bay Sands in Singapore is an integrated resort along the Marina Bay waterfront and is widely held as the premier entertainment and accommodation destination in the region. Developed by Las Vegas Sands Corp. based in Paradise, Nevada, this magnificent landmark was officially opened on February 2011.
About the project:
Our client Las Vegas Sands Corp. wanted us to develop a mobile version of the website for their premier property Marina Bay Sands in Singapore: www.marinabaysands.com.
Every day hundreds of people visit the resort website to reserve rooms and suites, book shows, browse through the plethora of attractions and lists of activities within the resort, look for shopping options offered by Marina Bay Sands and also locate shops within its huge shopping mall. By developing a mobile version of their website for Marina Bay Sands, Singapore, the client wants to reach out ubiquitously to the visitors and also afford them ease-of-access to information associated with Accommodations, Attractions, Entertainment, Shopping, Restaurants, Current Activities along with Maps and Directions. Further, the mobile web version was to be fully optimized for touch-based smartphones like iPhone, Android and should come with options for non-touchscreen based BlackBerry devices and other devices.
Web Spiders has developed the mobile version of the website www. marinabaysands.com keeping in mind the specific requirements of the client. The mobile optimized version of the website focused on information and data. Full integration of content which is dynamic in nature, including text, media and imagery as supplied by the client was managed through the existing Ektron CMS.
Easy navigation and usability aspects were given a prior importance while developing the mobile version of the website. We developed the following templates for the site:
- What's happening
- Maps and Directions
Each of these templates were furnished with 'Call to Book', 'Call to Reserve' and 'Call to Locate' buttons. While 'Call to Book' and 'Call to Reserve' directly dials a number, 'Click to Locate' directs one to a map image along with relevant description. We ensured that all 'Call to Action' Buttons have links/numbers managed from CMS.
All the while the work was in progress our expert mobile website designers and developers, programmers and systems analysts kept in mind that the ultimate target audience of our client are touch screen iPhone and Android users as well as non-touchscreen Blackberry users. >br>
To implement the project as per project scope Web Spiders followed these key delivery activities -
Key Development Activities:
- Project Management
- Conceptualization and Visualization [ adaption for non-touch devices]
- Design of Mobile site - wireframes
- Actual Implementation in terms of integration to Ektron CMS
- Functional and Integration Testing
Web Spiders performed a detailed analysis of every requirement as specified by the client including functional and non-functional requirements as specified in the information architecture sent by the client.
- Technology Platform used: ASP.Net3.5 on CMS Ektron 8.0.2 framework.
- We came up with wireframes, based on mock-ups, standards and guidelines as provided by the client.
- Solution architecting was done and information architecture was developed as per design architecture of the Ektron CMS.
- CMS was set up and configured in the development environment.
- Detailed testing was performed on the target set of mobile handsets.
- Application was set up in UAT environment for the functional testing of the application by the client.
- After successful UAT testing was over content migration commenced followed by reviewing of the site in UAT environment.
- Once approved, the "Go-Live" activities were started on production server.
Web Spiders shared a real-time project management system with the client in order to keep a track and update about the various modules finalized. We ensured that utmost usability is rendered and devised a solution that's scalable, flexible, cost-effective, secure and robust to the satisfaction of the client.