- Enterprise App Store
- Mobile Device Management
- Enterprise Mobile Website
- Enterprise Mobile Apps
- Enterprise Tablet Solutions
- Large Scale Web Content Mgmt
- Web Development (HTML5, Flex)
- Cart2Mobile: Mobilizing Deals
- Event2Mobile: Mobilizing Events
About the Client:
Eforcity Corporation is the owner of eforcity.com, a leading online retailer for electronics accessories. With a vast selection of accessories for cell phones, video games, computers, MP3 players, audio/video, and many more, eforcity.com has established its reputation as the “go-to destination” for electronics accessories for online shoppers. Eforcity.com has been recognized by the Inc. 500 list as well as Internet Retailers top 500 e-retailers list, and, with more than 2 million feedbacks to their credit, the ecommerce website ranks globally as eBay’s No.1 seller.
The client wanted Web Spiders to develop the mobile version of their eCommerce website everydaysource.com which is serving customers the highest quality goods at the best prices on the internet, using Web Spider's Cart2Mobile mCommerce service platform.
Keeping at par with the client's requirement, the Web Spiders team created a user-friendly mobile version of the client's eCommerce website everydaysource.com. The Web Spiders team used the existing APIs / XML feeds of the eCommerce website integrating these into the Cart2Mobile engine.
Administration of products and services, including - photos, descriptions, and pricing of individual products, being sold through client's website everydaysource.com, was implemented through the existing eCommerce admin area in the mobile version of the website.
The following standalone features of Cart2Mobile were included in the mCommerce website everydaysource.com -
- User Registration and Login – This has the following advantages for the users - Express Checkout, Member-exclusive offers, Online Order Status, Review Order History, Wish List, Product Availability Notification, Manage Online Profile and many more.
- Display Catalogue – Offering users the opportunity to view the exhaustive range of products from everydaysource.com inventory.
- Shopping Cart – Enabling mobile site visitors to place their orders without hassle and in quick time.
- Checkout – A unique feature of the Cart2Mobile platform, it sends updates on new arrivals to registered users, keeping them up-to-date with the product range and seasonal/special offers and discounts.
- Store Locator (fixed/ GPS) – It enables users to locate their nearest store in a hassle-free way.
- Payment Gateway Integration - Helping users to place their orders through their mobile device while ensuring safe and secure transactions.
- Analytics Integration – The integration of Google Mobile Analytics enable optimization of the mCommerce site on the mobile web.
- Order History – The feature helps users to keep track of their product order history.
The mobile website was built in PHP, highlighting the entire range of electronic products and the different product features, offered by the client, thereby enriching the end-users' experience. The mobile website developed can work seamlessly on both touch-screen phones and smartphones. The website was based on osCommerce, hosted in Apache web server, with MySQL serving as the Database in a Linux operating system environment. Besides, the mCommerce site features the facility of “daily inventory upload” for the client. With this unique facility, the client can upload csv file, containing tabular product data, to the mobile site directly through an admin profile on a daily basis and the whole product inventory gets updated regularly. Web Spiders have used webservices provided by eforcity to integrate the whole shopping system on mobile platform.
Technology Used (At a Glance)
- Hosting Server Operating System – Linux
- Web Server – Apache
- Language − PHP
- Database − MySQL