- Enterprise Mobile Website
- Enterprise Mobile Apps
- Enterprise Tablet Solutions
- Large Scale Web Content Mgmt
- Web Development (HTML5, Flex)
- Cart2Mobile: Mobilizing Deals
- Event2Mobile: Mobilizing Events
- Show2Mobile: Mobilizing Catalogs
Document Management Systems
Client: A large automotive company, Europe
Issues with the previous application
Client was using a web based extranet application to manage documents and audits for a huge distributor chain. Client wanted to redevelop the application from scratch, since the application had the following major flaws:
- The application was slow
- The application did not have any feature whereby the users could directly register and use it after approval from the administrator. This led to a high dependency on the support team which resulted in increased expenses.
- The solution was not at all cost effective in terms of support and maintenance.
- The application had outdated information
- The navigation system was extremely cumbersome to use
- To review and analyze the limitations of the existing application and come up with a viable solution
- To refine assumptions by trying to understand client requirements, through close interaction with the client and come up with technical solutions.
- To recommend and prioritize information architecture
- To make relevant information easily available to the users
- To maintain a look and feel that matches the corporate image of the client
- Maximize communication between users with optimum ROI
- Deliver the product on time and meet the expected cost and quality requirements
Web Spiders team analyzed the client's requirement and came out with an innovative solution. The application is divided into the following interfaces, depending on the types of users who will use the respective applications.
Diamondlink Site - Challenges
- Use of index server for search and the application fetches results within 5 seconds from a pool of more than 10000 documents
- The ability to directly update changed login and passwords to the Active Directory thereby reducing maintenance and support cost from the client perspective
- Handling of more than 500 concurrent users with the application always responding within 5 seconds. The entire architecture for application was designed keeping in mind optimum stability and performance for a total of 10000 users and 500 concurrent users
This is the site that the users and distributors use. Here are some of the important features of this site:
- The Diamondlink site is fast and accurate even under huge load
- Direct user registration is possible
- The site contains updated information and the site is easy to navigate
- The menus that a user is able to access depend on the user type and the user security (privileges) that are applicable for him/her.
- Security also applies for the operations (add/edit/delete) that the user is allowed for the various sections of the site
- User can upload and publish documents and images, as part of the Content Management System
- The advanced search feature allows the user to create customized search criteria and find the document/image or people he/she is looking for.
- Content Managers can change the look of the site by updating the content and images.
- User can update his/her profile directly from the site
- Member forums allows users to communicate in discussion boards
- Availability of departmental homepage with editable content
- Availability of photo gallery
- Must read – a feature that allows authorized authors to define MustRead properties for content objects
- Poll – users can participate in polls and post their opinion
- News – The latest uploaded articles can be displayed as news items
- Centralized user management
- Advanced user security
- Multilingual site with facility to manage translations through a web interface & Excel template
- Dynamic content management
- Workflow management
- Advanced search
- Online and offline audit tool
- Operating System: Windows 2003 Advanced server
- Database Server: MS SQL Server 2000 Enterprise with Reporting & Notification Services
- Application Server: ASP.NET (VB.Net/C#) on IIS
- Development Tools: MS Visual Studio. NET, Adobe Photoshop 6.0, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Flash
- The OPTIMAL configuration included two web servers and two database servers in a clustered environment
- Operating System: Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP
- Browser Support: Internet Explorer 5.x and above
" I have got a good impression of your company: a creative and young team, dedicated and result driven and also found that all the processes and procedures of a good support organization are in place"
- Ruud van Dun, CIO